AARP Smart Driver
- AARP members can locate, sign up or promote a driver safety course
- This program is supported by a generous grant from Toyota to AARP Foundation
- Members may receive an auto insurance discount offer upon completion of the AARP Smart Driver program
The AARP Smart Driver service allows a user to locate a driver safety course by zip code or by calling toll-free (877) 846-3299. When searching by zip please be sure to include the desired miles within the zip code, duration of course and language required. Please note that completing the course does not guarantee an auto insurance discount.
Signing up for a Course?
- Select the state of residence
- Choose the AARP Driver Safety Online Course
- Choose a delivery method i.e. FedEx Overnight Afternoon Delivery, FedEx Two-Day Express Delivery
- Provide payment information
- Wait a few days for the package to arrive
Payments can be made cia credit card, Mail-in Check, Money Order or Cashier’s Check. If making a payment via check or money order please make it out to AARP Driver Safety. All payments can be mailed to: AARP Driver Safety 5760 Fleet Street, Suite 210 Carlsbad, CA 92008.
Why on earth would a member want to take the driver safety course?
- Traffic rules change every year
- Insurance discount may be available
- Learn new state of the art defensive driving techniques
- Learn the proper use of new technology items to include safety belts, air bags, antilock brakes and other new technology found in todays autos
AARP Smart Driver Course is the largest combined classroom/online driver safety course in the US with over 15 million participants since inception. The course is designed for old people (over the age of 50) and AARP members receive a $5 discount vs non members. To date over 4,000 AARP Driver Safety volunteers have been trained and the course is available in both English and Spanish.