Discover Fico Score
- Allows a Discover credit card customer to obtain a free Fico credit score online
- Discover will NOT share the customers FICO Credit Score with anyone
- The customer must have an online Discover credit card account
- FICO Credit Scores are based on data from TransUnion and may differ slightly from the other two credit bureaus
- FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation
Please note that some customer might not have a credit score as they are to new and have not established credit rating. This service is NOT designed for Discover Business card member. Any questions about the site can be directed to a Discover Customer Service anytime at 1-800-347-2683. The Discover Fico site also allows a customer to connect with social networks to include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. A member can also sign up for the Discover go anywhere mobile program.
How are credit scores calculated?
- on time payment history
- amount owed at the current time
- length of credit history
- types of credit
- how many credit account have been opened
Many experts recommended a individual attempts to limit the amount of credit cards in their name to avoid lowering their credit score.
Credit Score Ratings
- 800 or more = Exceptional
- 740 to 799 = Excellent
- 670 to 739 = Good
- 580 to 669 = OK
- 580 or less = Poor
Most people with a credit score of 580 or lower will be turned down for just about every line of credit they apply for. On the other hand people with a credit score over 750 will be approved and will receive dozens of credit offers in the mail monthly.
The Discover Fico service is useful for customers looking to rebuilding their credit score or simply monitor it from time to time. Checking your credit score often will not lower the score or creat any problems.
To have the service cancelled please dial 1-800-DISCOVER and request the FICO Credit Score service be removed from statements. Discover is rivaled by Capital One and Visa.