Handbags and Hearts
- Help drive Women Heart Attack awareness by sharing one of the heart health images on a social network
- The program has raised over $50,000 to date
- All donations are given to WomenHeart (A National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease)
- Provides information related to heart attacks and how they can be prevented
The Handbags and Heart site is operated by Bayer HealthCare LLC and is supported by social networks (Facebook and PinInterest). The site also provided a printable coupon of $1 off Bayer. The coupon must be used with a Bayer product of 20 count or higher. The site also associates the promotion with IamProHeart.
Heart Attack Warning Signs
- Pain in shoulders, neck, jaw or arms
- Shortness of breath
- Excessive sweating or extreme fatigue
- Chest pressure or tightness
Bayer Aspirin claims that taking Aspirin for 30 days after a heart attack can reduce damage to the heart and reduce the risk of death by 23 percent. Go here to Download the Heart Health Fact Sheet provided by Bayer.
- German based pharmaceutical company with over 100,000 employees
- Founded on August 1, 1863 by friends Friedrich Bayer and Johann Friedrich Weskott
- Based out of Leverkusen, Germany
Bayer specializes in a variety of pharmaceutical health care products but are best known for the billion dollar baby called Aspirin aka acetylsalicylic acid. Aspirin is widely used to reduce minor aches and pain throughout the body. Major side effects that can be caused from using Aspirin are gastrointestinal ulcers and internal stomach bleeding.
Other Bayer Products
- diagnostic imaging
- women’s health products
- over-the-counter drugs
- plant biotechnology
Bayers company’s corporate logo consist of the word “BAYER” crossed with the word “BAYER” which forms a cross or sorts as both words share the Y. The firm is headed by Dr. Marijn E. Dekkers.