Activate A New Sprint Phone Service
- Allows a Sprint customer to activate a new phone
- The user MUST be the account owner and have the box on hand as information may be needed during the activation process
- Provides a how to video for those who are more visual inclined
The Sprint activate service requires a customer to swap one phone for another already on the customers account. To start the process the customer will have to sign in with their Sprint username and password.
New customers will have to register with:
- Sprint phone number
- Personalize your username and password
- Select access level
The new customer registration process will take about 5 minutes to complete and will require a vali email address. The customer can also sign up for Sprint account alerts during the registration process.
Other Relevant Notes and Information
- Most customers who purchase a phone in store will not have to activate the phone online
- New Sprint phones received by mail are designed to activate automatically upon powering up
- When activating the phone for the first time NEVER press the Power button while the phone is being activated as this will abort the activation process
- If any issues should arrive regardless of the activation method please 1-888-211-4727 for assistance
- Telecommunication firm offering voice, data and Internet services
- Sprint Corporation (S) -NYSE
- Based out of Overland Park, Kansas
- Over 50 million customers served
A good portion of the Sprint Corporation was sold to the SoftBank Corporation (A Japanese tech firm) in 2013. Sprint is not considered one of the faster Internet service providers especially in regards to the wireless networks. Sprint constantly underperformed when compared to Verizon’s or T-Mobile’s 4G networks.
Sprint was originally formed under the Brown Telephone Company name in 1899. This telephone company was founded by Cleyson Brown and Jacob Brown to serve the Abilene, KS and surrounding areas.
Although recent financial reports do not reflect it Sprint continues to strive to be one of the top long distance providers in the United States.
Sprint Areas Served
- United States
- Puerto Rico
- United States Virgin Islands
No future plans are in the works to expand further at this time.
- Allows a Sprint customer to activate a phone online
- Customer will need an online Sprint account