DIRECTV Get Connect Service
- Allows a DIRECTV customer to connect their HD DVR to their home Internet connection
- Once connected a customer can watch YouTube and Pandora Radio on TV
- The customer will not be charged extra for the DIRECTV GetConnected service
- Will Take about 20 minutes to complete the set up
The following receiver models can be used when connecting a Genie or HD DVR to the Internet.
- HR 44
- HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24
Please note in order to find the model number simply press and hold the INFO button on the DIRECTV remote until the Info & Test screen appears on the TV.
DIRECTV Provides a Step by Step Guide
The site provides a nice step by step guide to help the customer connect their HD DVR to the Internet. The guide can be read or a customer can watch a video demo on how the connection process works. A summary of the 7 steps include:
- Connect the Wireless DIRECTV CINEMA device to an electrical outlet
- Disconnect the coaxial cable
- Connect the coazial cable to the HD DVR device
- Take off the cap from the “SAT Rcvr” on the CCK-W device
- Connect the coaxial cable to the “SAT Rcvr” on the CCK-W device
- The power activity device will light up and start flashing, wait for POWER LED to stop flashing
- Make the wireless connection to the router
The site provides more details and a related question FAQ for DIRECTV customer support.
- Allows a DIRECTV customer to sync the Internet to their HD DVR device
- For questions, help or technical support during the set up process call 1-800-531-5000 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Other Related Links
- support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3885 (watch the demo video)
- support.directv.com/app/ask (email customer support)
DirecTV is considered America’s #1 satellite company and serves the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean Islands. The firm offers local channels in over 99% of U.S. TV households to include packages as follows: English, Spanish, Internet & Phone and Business packages. The Spanish package provides a customer with programming in Spanish-language TV. The DIRECTV Internet & Phone package provides a customer with home Internet connection and phone services. It should be noted that DirecTV high-speed internet is faster than dial-up but considerably slower when compared to Cable or DSL providers.