www.t-mobile.com/lifeline – Lifeline and Link Up Discounted Programs
T-Mobile Lifeline Program
- A tele-communications discount program for poor people
- Customer must meet minimum income requirements
- If qualified the customer will receive a discount of their monthly bill
T-Mobile is authorized to offer the program discount through the Lifeline and/or Link Up program to certain states but not all. Customers will also receive a one-time reduction on their activation fee under the Lifeline program.
List of states participating in the T-Mobile Lifeline Program
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
If you are not a resident of one of the above states you WILL NOT be eligible to participate in this discount program.
Other Lifeline and Link Up Program Facts
- Qualified customers cannot save more than $13.50 per month
- The new line service fee discount will be $17.50 off of the traditional $35 activation fee
- Some Federally Recognized Tribal Lands may receive service for only $1 per month
- Eligibility requirements will vary by state and income limits
- Lifeline is considered a Federal benefit for poor people
Under Federal regulations households cannot receive more than one discount through other cell phone providers. If a customer violates this policy they will be kicked out of the life line program and could possible face criminal charges. This program may be available to other cell phone carries such as Spint and AT&T.
Lifeline Standard Plan Rates
- 145 Whenever Minutes
- 500 night minutes and 500 weekend minutes per month
- $0.05 per minute overage
If approved future program benefits cannot be applied towards a previous T-Mobile bill or payment.
For complaints regarding Lifeline services
- Georgia residents dial 404-656-4501 or 1-800-282-5813
- Pennsylvania residents dial 1-800-692-7380
- Massachusetts residents 1-800-392-6066
- New Jersey (800) 624-0241 (New Jersey Board of Public Utilities’ Telecommunications Division)
If the customers state is not shown above please contact a T-Mobile phone rep at 1-877-453-1304.
- A cell phone discount program designed for the less fortunate
- Customers must file an application to join the T-Mobile’s Lifeline and/or Link Up offerings